Crushing on those mangoes and lychees? Yaas, the Indian summer is all about yummy fruits, short shorts
- Clean, clean and clean. That’s the Holy Grail. But, there’s no need for face wash every time. Just splash your face with clean, cool water 4-5 times a day and make sure your CTM routine is in place.
- Scrub once a week – ideally have one ‘scrubber’, one coolant and one
moisturiserin your natural scrub mix. Besan, sugar, rose water for oily skin; fine salt, honey and turmeric powder for dry skin – or use your imagination and mix up the goodness from the kitchen. (Eg: Fresh tomatoes are good to go into any scrub – removes tan and is cooling.)
- Give your grooming shelf an overhaul. Switch from heavy products to water-based potions or go natural. Curd applied for a few minutes and rinsed off, is a good
moisturiser. Glycerine and lemon on hands and feet overnight softensthem.
- Whatever you do, do not forget the sunscreen – 20 minutes before you step out. Check for a minimum of SPF 30
.Pssst… dab it right after a dip in the pool as well.
- Take a sabbatical from the junk and carbs, and say yes to salads! I love a bit of sweet, a bit of crunch, a hearty punch of protein and some refreshing greens. Here’s my recipe: Tuna or smoked chicken, rocket, pinenuts, feta grated, tomatoes & cucumber chopped – tossed in a lemon, honey, salt
andpepper dressing. Yum!
- Drink more. No, not the sugar-laden cocktails or mocktails you have a weakness for, but plain aqua spiked with your herbs of choice. Add a dash of lemon to get your pH levels in place. Carry a bottle wherever you go.
- Summer-shop for breathable fabrics. Drop anchor at F21 – my fav – and pick a light, cotton wardrobe for the season in the sun.
- Shower mornings and evenings, at least. A mild body wash should do, and later, gently massage in coconut oil (yes, it comes loaded with benefits) before that final sprinkler. Hygiene and
moisturisingare big mantras this season.
- Focus on
eyesand lips. Thin potato slices on closed lids coolsand removes puffiness. For lips, try a bit of malai – yes, cream coating cold milk works wonders!
- Finally, do not cut the exercise because of the heat. Keep your body toned and blood circulation going. Switch from outdoor to indoor exercise or go early morning and late evenings.